Thursday, March 22, 2012

So I think I might be a morning person...

...And that I might have to start getting up a little earlier to get this sketching thing done.  It's currently 10 p.m. and I am beat. 

Let me start by making this clear:  I am by no means a photographer. I got a fancy camera to kind of "take notes" more than anything, but it doesn't get out much.  I don't like people looking at me when I take pictures (of them, or anything else), so that knocks a lot of opportunities out the window.  
Driving to work, I've realized, can be kind of awesome in the morning.  I have mixed feelings about this time of day, I feel like I could get a lot done in the morning, if it was an option for me.  Two things most frequently get in the way of my a.m. ambitions:

  1.  I am working (or en route), and 
  2. So often I'd rather be finishing whatever dream I woke up in the middle of.  

So back to my camera, its function, and potential.  One thing that led me to get this camera was actually my commute to work and all the cool stuff that happens in the morning.  I don't get to see it at any other time.  I know I can get a crystal-clear shot if I stop to frame it up, focus, etc., but I have places to go, right? and other things I am actually supposed to be doing.
I feel like so much is going on in the morning when I head out--everything is stretching, waking up, getting ready.  Still half asleep, the trees and air do weird things.  My sketch today is more of a composite-action-shot.

Still taking notes, just at a higher speed, and perhaps with a slightly less-focused eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment